Cycle around Bangkok after dark, and experience a different side to the city. Using back lanes and quiet streets, explore 2 of Bangkok’s most famous temples, beautifully lit up in the cool night air and when they are free of crowds.
After meeting your guide at the Grasshopper Adventure Shop near Khao San Road, you will get a quick briefing and bike fitting, with all necessary equipment provided. Wind your way down small lanes, past ancient temples and canals, to experience the heart and soul of Bangkok.
You will pass Tammasat University and catch a local ferry across the Chao Phraya River to ride along the quiet back roads that lead to Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). Enjoy the quiet ambiance of the temple before riding along a riverside track, passing more temples and churches.
Cross back over the Choa Phraya River by bridge and stop at the famous flower market, which is at its busiest at night. Sample some of the local delights from the many street stalls and soak up the vivid colors of the flowers. Continue to Wat Pho, and view the 4 burial stupas of the first 4 kings of the Bangkok kingdom.
- Imported quality mountain bike
- Cycle to some of the most famous sights in Bangkok
- Visit the temples of Wat Arun and Wat Pho, both spectacularly lit and free of crowds at night
- Discover simple markets that sell interesting local produce
- Experience an unseen side of Bangkok, and discover quiet roads and alleyways.
- Grasshopper Adventures Shop, 57 Ratchadamnoen Road, Phranakorn. Please make your own way to the start point. If coming from the downtown area, allow at least 1-hour as you will be travelling in peak hour traffic. Take the skytrain to Ratchatewi Station, and then get a taxi from there. If you are staying at a hotel on the river you can take the ferry to Pier N13, Phra Athit, and then take a short taxi or tuk tuk ride from there. The Grasshopper Adventures Shop is only 100 meters from the Democracy Monument on the same side as McDonalds.
- A full range of bike sizes is available, from children’s bikes to XXL bikes. Tagalong bikes can also be provided for less confident cycling children, as well as baby seats if you want to bring along the little ones
- Address : 57 Ratchadamnoen Klang Rd | Chana Songkram, Bangkok 10200, Thailand (Banglamphu)
- Tel :+66 2 280 0832