Pantip Plaza is IT Shopping Mall in Thailand and has gained legendary status as the place to find new and used computers and accessories at rock-bottom prices. Occupying a rather featureless building on Petchaburi Road, Pantip Plaza has also gained notoriety because of the widespread practice of selling counterfeit software
Pantip Plaza is an indoor IT shopping mall located on New Phetchaburi Road in Ratchathewi district, Bangkok, Thailand. It has satellite locations in Nonthaburi, on Bangkapi Road, and in Chiang Mai.
- The mall has two anchors, IT City, which occupies the top floor, and Data IT on the mezzanine level. There are hundreds of small shops specialising in computer hardware, software, and accessories, including repair, modifications, networking, secondhand, laptops, Macintosh and peripherals.
- Shops in Pantip Plaza offer a wide selection of new and second-hand computers from most of the major manufacturers, together with a selection of secondhand and custom equipment. Digital cameras, printers, music players, and games consoles are also available.
Software, games, and films
- Pantip Plaza is a major source of unauthorized copies of software, with software for both Windows and Mac readily available.Applications software and games, together with unlicensed copies of music and films, including porn, are sold from many of the stalls on the lower three floors. Some legitimate software is available, but it is less popular and versions on sale are often obsolete ones.
Food and drink
- Pantip Plaza has some restaurants on the ground floor, while food courts on the mezzanine level and second floor offer a wide selection of Thai cuisine, desserts and drinks.
How to get there : Pantip Plaza IT Mall
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00 (every day).
- Address: 604/3,Petchaburi Road,Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 and opposite Pratunam’s City Complex BTS: Chidlom or BTS Ratchathewi
- Tel: 02 250 1555
- Visit Website : pantipplaza.com
Map of Pantip Plaza IT Mall