Bangkok, 24 November, 2017 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is using social media and a creative package of promotions to support its latest incarnation of the sparkling ‘12 Hidden Gems Plus’ campaign during 2018.
TAT, in cooperation with strategic partners Thai AirAsia, Nok Air and Toyota Motors (Thailand), will release a series of promotions targeting Thai domestic travellers during Thailand’s traditional high season (January to April) and the so-called ‘green season’ (May to September).
The key for social media addicts will be the Conqueror of the ’12 Hidden Gems’ contest held in cooperation with Application One Map, Fuji and Samsung. Travellers are encouraged to check-in to ‘12 Hidden Gems Plus’ destinations to collect badges or complete missions to be eligible to win special privileges or prizes.
This is just one of several promotions that TAT Governor, Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, said will highlight the uniqueness of each ‘hidden gem’, boosting domestic travel and tourism revenue.
“There will also be other activities launched under the concept of ‘less volume more value’ to focus on unique Thai local experiences, spotlighting each destination with a combination of other tourism marketing concepts,” he added.
*A series of online promotions and offline advertisements, media fam trips, plus a dedicated website www.citieshiddengemsthailand.com and Facebook page.
*Caravan trips in cooperation with Toyota Motors (Thailand) on four primary routes during 2018: Udon Thani-Loei and Phitsanulok-Phetchabun in February, and Chanthaburi-Sa Kaeo and Chumphon-Ranong in March.
*Slow Life bike trips in cooperation with the Nation Group and Mitsubishi Electric Kang Yong Watana on five routes in Nan, Loei, Ratchaburi, Trang and Trat will take place between January and May 2018.
*Special packages at the ‘12 Hidden Gems Plus’ Consumer Fair from 14 to 17 December, 2017, at Bangkok’s Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. To support the packages, Thai AirAsia will offer special deals between January and April; Nok Air will offer special deals between May and September.
Key events with other special promotions and privileges for 1the 2 Hidden Gems Plus destinations are:
- Poinsettia Festival in Loei, December 2017 – January 2018;
- Starlight Celebration, Nan, December 2017 – April 2018;
- Castles of Buri Ram, December 2017 – September 2018;
- Strawberry Land and Green Market, Khao Ko, Phetchabun, 6-7 January 2018;
- Makha Bucha Hae Phra Khuen That Festival, Nakhon Si Thammarat, February-March 2018;
- The 101st Anniversary Ratchadaphisek Bridge, Lampang, March 2018;
- Chumphon Sea World Festival, Chumphon, March 2018;
- Trang Food Festival, April 2018;
- Nang Yai Wat Khanon Festival, Ratchaburi, 13-15 April, 2018;
- Dream Island Run, Trat, May 2018;
- Fruit Festival, Chanthaburi, May – June 2018;
- Samut Songkram Festival, July 2018
Some of the unique Thai local products in the 12 Hidden Gems destinations