The following information has been updated on 26 August, 2021.
Travellers must travel from countries/territories approved by Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), and must have been in the said countries for no less than 21 days before their travel date – except Thai nationals and foreign expatriates returning from overseas. They must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE), using the following documents:
- Copy of a valid passport.
- Copy of the payment confirmation for no less than 14 nights stay at SHA Plus-certified hotel/s and for RT-PCR tests via www.thailandpsas.com. If the length of stay is less than 14 nights, travellers must also present a confirmed flight ticket out of Thailand.
- A certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health or the World Health Organisation (WHO) no less than 14 days before their travel date. Travellers who have recovered from COVID-19 also need to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before travel.
- Copy of an insurance policy in English covering healthcare and treatment expenses for COVID-19 per applicant for the whole duration in Thailand with coverage clearly identified as no less than US$100,000.
Travellers must undergo exit screening before departure, must and present all the required documentation including a medical certificate with a laboratory result by an RT-PCR method indicating that COVID-19 is not detected no more than 72 hours before their travel date.
Travellers under 18 years of age, travelling with their parents or guardians, must have a medical certificate with a laboratory result by an RT-PCR method indicating that COVID-19 is not detected no more than 72 hours before their travel date.
- Travellers on direct international flights to Phuket International Airport are subject to health screening, including a COVID-19 nasal swab RT-PCR testing and Immigration procedures at the point of entry. Click to see the “7-Step Flow at Phuket International Airport” or “7 Steps 7 Countdown”. Children under 6 years of age will receive a COVID-19 saliva RT-PCR testing.
- Travellers must download and install an alert application, as well as set the application on at all times for the whole duration in Thailand.
- Then, proceed directly to the reserved hotel on the approved airport transfer service.
- Wait for the result of the first COVID-19 test (conducted upon arrival or Day 0) in the hotel room only.
- If testing negative for COVID-19, travellers can go anywhere in Phuket. However, they are not allowed to stay overnight in any other places than the reserved hotel. In addition, they are required to report to the hotel’s SHA Plus Manager on a daily basis, or upon return to the hotel from their outing and excursion.
During the Stay
Travellers are welcome to stay in Phuket less than 14 nights. However, they must leave Phuket immediately on an international flight to another country.
Travellers must have completed 14 nights in Phuket before being allowed to visit other Thai destinations. They must also have tested negative for COVID-19 for 2 more times on Day 6-7 and Day 12-13.
Phuket Cruise Excursions & Shore Trips
- Phuket excursions by sea can be enjoyed by using SHA Plus boat and ferry services from the approved piers (Ao Po, Chalong, Rassada, and Wisit Panwa).
- Phuket cruising and yachting excursions can be enjoyed by using SHA Plus cruise and yacht services from the approved piers (Yacht Haven Marina, Ao Po Grand Marina, Phuket Boat Lagoon, Royal Phuket Marina, and Chalong Pier)
- Travellers are required to take additional RT-PCR tests as per the following:
- Travellers with a length of stay less than 7 days are required to take another test on Day 6-7.
- Travellers with a length of stay between 10-14 days are required to take the second test on Day 6-7 and the third test on Day 12-13.
- If testing positive for COVID-19, travellers will be referred to a healthcare facility for medical treatment, for which the expenses must be covered by the required insurance.
Health & Safety Precautions
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19
While in Thailand, travellers are advised to continue with the D-M-H-T-T-A precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application. Masks must be worn at all times in public areas and in any vehicle with two or more people.
The Royal Thai Government places the highest priority on the safety and well-being of every visitor to Thailand. And as the main government agency responsible for the promotion and marketing of Thailand as a preferred destination, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is working closely with all concern public and private organisations to ensure the utmost efforts to prevent any unfortunate incidents occurring on tourists and the local Thai people.
International / Domestic Departure
- For travelling from Phuket to other countries, travellers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by the respective country of their destination.
For travelling from Phuket to other Thai destinations, travellers are required to show proof that they have completed a 14-night stay in Phuket together with the negative results of their 3 COVID-19 tests along with other required documentation per the guidelines and measures announced by the respective destinations.