The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Phitsanulok Office is inviting local and foreign tourists to visit the Kamnan Chul Farm in Phetchabun, which is arranging the ‘Mulberry Fest 2016” from 1 December, 2016 – 31 January, 2017.
Kamnan Chul Farm is a leading agro-tourism destination in Phetchabun. During the cooler months, the mulberry trees are fruiting so people are invited to visit the farm to taste the mulberry fruits fresh from trees. There are also fun activities for tourists to enjoy.
- WHEN: 01 December 2016 – 31 January 2017 all-day
- WHERE: Kamnan Chul Farm, Phetchabun province
- CONTACT: TAT Phitsanulok Office,+66055252742-3, +66055259907
The farm tour takes visitors around the 9-rai exhibition farm which is cultivated according to ‘sufficiency theory’ practices. The farm grows fruits and vegetables primarily for household consumption and sells only the excess not needed by the local community. This follows His Majesty the Late King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s concept of sufficiency theory for farmers.
Tourists will also visit three major stations at the farm which include:
- Kaem Ling station: where visitors will learn about cultivation of papaya, pick vegetables, enjoy the beautiful sunflower fields, and shop for organic fruits and vegetables.
- Mulberry station: experience handpicking the mulberry fruits fresh from the trees as you walk under the mulberry tunnels and taste the fresh mulberry fruit.
- Sanook farm: enjoy various fun and creative activities, shopping for high-quality agricultural products, enjoy music and concerts in the park and much more.
Other special activities during the two-month Mulberry Fest include special presentations and cultural performances called ‘Chul Thai Silk – from Soil to Silk’ which tells interesting story of silk production from the past to the present. There is also a ‘Chul Thai Silk’ exhibition, and displays of silk worm raising and silk weaving demonstrations as well as a painting competition.
In addition, the farm has also arranged a photo exhibition of the king’s visit to the farm back in 1964.
Kamnan Chul Farm is situated at Wang Chompoo junction, Phetchabun province.
For more information, contact
- Kamnan Chul Farm, Tel: +66 (0) 5677 1555